Watchman Analytics™ enables organizations to achieve more comprehensive, near-real-time data analysis and intelligence extraction from a variety of disparate structured and unstructured data sources. Leveraging best in class data analysis models and algorithms (Higher Order Learning), Watchman Analytics™ drives information discovery and insights that are normally not possible due to data silos, varying data formats and schemas, and the fact that many useful data sources are unstructured and fragmented.
The Watchman Analytics™ core platform and the array of optional components are extensible and scalable in virtually any technical infrastructure, complementing an organization’s existing IT investments. Intuidex also offers a cloud based version of Watchman Analytics™ to public safety customers.
Key Benefits of Intuidex Technologies
- Enhanced decision making and assessment based on extraction of intelligence from multiple information sources
- Drive information discovery and insights, uncovering significant trends hidden in the data glut
- Dramatically increases ease of access to all information sources for exploitation as a consolidated whole
- Reduces the need for manual collection and organization of data for reporting and analysis
- Data Fusion: harvest usable intelligence and insights from multiple disparate information streams in real time
- Avoid “missing” crucial events, relationships or patterns obscured by data volume or information fragmentation
- Significant reduction in the time and investment in upfront data integration during deployment
- Harness previously useful but ‘unusable’ data from non-conventional, unstructured data sources like the social web, web chatter and blogs to use it to augment existing more traditional data sources
- Forecast and predict future behaviors based on comprehensive contextual analysis of historical data
Intuidex technology is deployed in a number of government and commercial scenarios, in every case solving critical information issues and driving insights and a level of analytical accuracy that would be otherwise impossible. Key industries served include:
- Defense and Intelligence: Intuidex technology is deployed across the US intelligence community (IC) as well as being deployed in theater
- Law Enforcement and Public Safety: Intuidex technology is employed in law enforcement customers enabling extraction of usable intelligence from real time crime data to provide situational awareness
- Media: Intuidex technology is being used by companies that include a global business and financial news agency to provide more relevant content to web users based on their interests and information needs
- Finance: Intuidex technology can aid in fraud prevention, and enhance customer interaction
- Healthcare:Intuidex technology can extract usable information from myriad health related data; uncover latent health trends (demographic, geospatial or behavioral impact on individual or collective health indicators)
- Legal:Intuidex technology can discover significant patterns, latent associations, and identifiable entities in large volumes of complex legal documents
- Cybersecurity:Intuidex technology provides early identification and alerting of malicious attacks on network and infrastructure by identification of intrusion patterns
- Fraud Detection:Intuidex technology provides profiling perpetrators and their modus operandi, and early identification of fraudulent attempts
- Identity Management:Intuidex technology provides near-real-time entity verification and deconfliction
- Risk/Threat Analysis:Intuidex technology provides automated alerting based on risk thresholds for the protection of distributed assets and personnel
- Business Intelligence:Intuidex technology can extract latent patterns and trends from multi-source, multi-silo data and drive better decision-making based on comprehensive understanding
- Situational Awareness:Intuidex technology can provide real-time analysis of threats, facilities, people and resources in relation to their physical location
Watchman Analytics™ Features
Out of the box, the Watchman Analytics platform puts advanced analytics, data fusion and information extraction capabilities into the hands of all-size organizations:
- Powerful cross system, cross-silo, cross-platform link-analysis and information extraction
- Data Fusion: Comprehensive, holistic analysis of a phenomenon or behavior based on multi-schema data fusion, essentially mitigating the need for upfront schema integration.
- Statistically proven, superior algorithms driving greater accuracy and confidence in results
- “Connect the dots”: Identify significant entities (people, events, places, objects etc.) and their relationship and impact to each other.
- Automated, early identification of threats, alerts or risk based on data fusion and analytics
- Aggregated search, querying and entity extraction across multiple disparate data streams in real time
Watchman Analytics™ Core Functions
Once deployed, the Intuidex Watchman Analytics™ platform provides a broad set of functions related to data analysis, fusion and intelligence extraction:
- Entity Resolution
- Data Deconfliction
- Interactive Analysis
- Ad-hoc Reporting
- Privacy Protection
- Link-based Analysis
- Online Monitoring
- Automated Alerting
- Entity Extraction
- Entity Classification
- Quality Assurance
- Embedded Analytics
Intuidex Watchman Analytics™, based on its open architecture and modular design, can be installed on virtually any IT infrastructure, and operate invisibly “in the background” or if preferred, leverage the Watchman Analytics™ UI components. The deployment process typically follows the steps below:
- Requirements capture and scenario need analysis
- Data analysis and modeling
- Establish scenario ‘ground truths’ and core logic
- Pilot deployment of Watchman Analytics™ connected to data subset
- User training
- User acceptance testing and feedback
- Testing and refinement
- Production deployment
Core Watchman Analytics Software components
Watchman Analytics platform is comprised of a number of core components and functionality, that are delivered in a service oriented architecture, and can be deployed ‘standalone’, or augmented with a selection of optional components based on client need.
Watchman Analytics™ allows users to drill deeply into enterprise information to locate key content and gain understanding. Data stores are often hierarchies of thousands of attributes and values. The technology facilitates rapid, automated indexing of those attributes and value frequencies to deliver accurate content, even using fields with partial or non-standard text (e.g., names, addresses, incident types, etc.). Watchman Analytics™ drives exploration into enterprise data stores, enabling drill-down and expanded analysis to identify critical information.
Rapid data ingestion and transformation
Watchman Analytics™ allows for the rapid import of data from multiple, diverse data sources into the high-performance analysis database. Sources can be available over the network or local to the user, as either a traditional DBMS or standard file (e.g., flat text, MS Excel). It connects to major proprietary databases (e.g., Microsoft SQL Server) as well as open source databases (e.g., MySQL). Once configured, it can continuously run in the background, applying established business logic rules, and user defined data refresh. This component can be used to mitigate up-front integration work, or to consolidate multi-source content in a single repository (e.g., a data warehouse - a common data store for analytical tasks).
Automated data cleansing and validation
Watchman Analytics™ performs interactive data validation to deliver improved data quality, consistency and integrity. Users can apply checks to data based on existing established data structures to ensure that it follows specific syntactic or semantic guidelines, and captures the necessary information. These validation rules can be configured by the user and applied to existing or newly entered data.
This function algorithmically determines the likelihood that two entities are actually the same, even if the entity data has inadvertently or intentionally been mischaracterized. Data pertaining to an entity is often input in a variety of formats or labels, or is intentionally changed to hide associations. An example of the importance of entity resolution is in Law Enforcement or counter-terrorism, where criminal multiple aliases can obfuscate involvement in criminal activity. This component can be used for resolution of many types of key entities (persons, places, things, concepts, etc.) upon data capture, or using existing stored data.
Simplified, intuitive data views
Query results may be displayed in a traditional list view, where individual or multiple records may be selected, sorted or viewed in detail. Charting tools render query results in easily understood visual displays. These can be the native tools, or Watchman Analytics™ can export to third party mapping and visualization tools. These info graphs (scatterplots, histograms, pie-charts, etc.) are auto-generated with each query and enable rapid factor assessments, (e.g., trending over time), while eliminating need to copy results into spreadsheets to produce graphs.
The mapping option allows users to view the analytics results on a native map viewer (e.g., as points or ‘hot spots’), or view the information in a third party map viewer (e.g., Google or Bing Maps) or traditional GIS system (e.g., ESRI or Intergraph).
Link analysis and data clustering
Helps reveal hidden relationships and groupings within multiple data sets. For example, when incident records or textual narratives are analyzed by Watchman Analytics™, latent associations, groupings or clusters will be identified and visualized. The nature of these associations can then be further analyzed and interrogated using other analytical capabilities of the platform. For example, “all of these improvised explosive devices have a design that originated from a specific terrorist training facility”. Determining patterns and trends in textual narratives has been particularly useful by capturing latent relationships from text that would otherwise have been missed.